D2D challenge

Okay, one more post for the day. This is for Faith's regular weekly progressive challenge. If you haven't entered her challenge you MUST check out her blog and sign up. She has awesome images, including this one.  I colored the cupcake with Bic markers and paper pieced the cupcake holder. TIP Someone gave me a tip on adding dimension to my paper piecing by adding pop dots under it. I did, but I stretched them out a bit to cover the length of the cupcake holder area. I used a total of 3 dots. The dp is from Hobby Lobby clearance rack. Sorry I forgot the name of it.The dp and the image are adhered to dark brown card stock. The card is a pale pink card stock. Not very sturdy, so I'll add a white inside layer. The flowers were from Michael's (see post a couple days ago about that trip). TIP The flowers were the ones on the stems, I just took them off, added brads and a punch for the center and used pop dots to adhere. Much cheaper to buy flowers that way and adjust them to your card's needs. :)

My printer ink seems to be smearing when I color with any of my markers. If you have a tip on this let me know, please. I have an HP Photosmart printer and use inkjet cartridges.

 Lastley another challenges to enter this lovely card in;
Phindy's Place-Valentines
Wags 'n Whiskers-With Love

Happy Crafting,
Shirley G

Comments

  1. Your card is SO cute!! I love it!

    Printer ink tends to smear if it is similar to what you are using to color your image with. Waterbased dye printer ink will bleed if you try to watercolor it, and pigment printer ink will smear if you color your image with alcohol or solvent based markers. Try to heat set your image first with a heat gun or hot hair dryer. Sometimes that helps without having to switch out your printer ink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little card. Love your paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!

    Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you to all your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

2 challenges today

Valentine's Card, OWH Bloghop-November 2010

Two new challenges