Saturday, February 26, 2011

D2D challenges

I have two D2D challenges I worked on this week.
First is one that started today-CASE a DT from D2D, at the card idea blogspot. However you have to change two or more things. "Just one DT?" I didn't know how I was going to choose just one to CASE...but I did. I love Debbie Fisher's talent. She is the DT that I copied. Her original card I CASE'd is here, called Teddy with a Hat. If you click on her name in the tag you will be taken to her personal blog. I highly recommend you go see her beautiful work, if you aren't already a fan.

The image I choose was Spring Kaela. I just love all the Kaela images and this one is so fun to use.
The difference I made in my card from Debbie's are;
1. I used a different color palette
2. I added some bling
3. I used a different image





The second challenge is D2D weekly/progressive challenge. We got a beautiful daffodil image to play with this week. I used it along with Faith's bunny, Happy Rabbit. I hope this is Faith's bunny. I have it listed in my folder as hers, but couldn't find it in her shop.


I love Easel cards and have been searching for a "framed easel card" tutorial I saw but didn't book mark. This isn't it! But cute nevertheless. I was going to leave the cute bunny white, but I just can't get that done correctly. I added stickles to the flowers (my new fav thing) and some glossy accent to the tiny flowers added to the flower pots!


Happy Crafting,
Shirley

10 comments:

  1. Both are great Shirley! Love the easel and the way you combined images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Shirley!! Yes, that' my bunny...it was a freebie from CDAC. :) I love all the pretty spring colors and papers! Thanks so much for joining us on Card Ideas, and playing in my image challenge. That's a great combo of images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards Shirley! Love the way you combined two images on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous & beautiful cards Shirley! Great job! Thanks for joining us at D2D this week.
    Hugs, Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards as always!!

    i just gave you a special award! check out my blog to receive it!

    http://rainbowsnbutterflies-gb.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are so pretty - so well done! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards for both challenges!
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards!! Both are adorable! Thanks for joining us on Card Ideas & the D2D image challenge!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  9. great cards! Thanks for playing this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all your comments. They are greatly appreciated.